Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about our services.
Are you licensed to officiate weddings?
- Yes. We are ordained through Universal Life Church and are licensed to officiate weddings in West Virginia by the WV Secretary of State as well as in Ohio by the Ohio Secretary of State.
Where do you perform weddings? In your office? On location? Are you willing to travel?
- Mid-Ohio Wedding Officiants is a service that I offer through my primary business — Deb Lorentz Photography. My photography studio is located on the second floor of The Dils Center at 521 Market Street, Parkersburg WV 26101.
- Take the elevator to the second floor. Turn right. Follow the purple signs to my studio. (Enter through the doors directly across the street from St. Francis Xavier Church. After 5:00 PM call or text me at 740-525-6974 so I can let you in the building.)
- WV weddings are performed in my office or the wedding chapel at the Deb Lorentz Photography studios. I am also available to officiate your wedding at the location of your choice.
- OH weddings are officiated at the location of your choice.
Do you charge travel fees?
- We charge travel fees for weddings that are more than 15 miles from our Parkersburg, WV office or our OH home office. We base the mileage on the office location that is closest to you.
Do you officiate same-sex weddings?
- Absolutely! We believe in marriage equality and do not discriminate.
Do you perform marriage vow reaffirmation (renewal of wedding vows) ceremonies?
- Yes. We love the idea of re-commitment ceremonies.
We were secretly married but still want a ceremony for our friends and family. Will you still perform the ceremony?
- Certainly! Your secret is safe with us. We’ll perform a beautiful ceremony so that others can witness your vows and commitment to each other.
We don’t want a big wedding. What are our options?
- It’s your day. We’ll work to make it special. You can get married at Deb’s studio, at your home, or at a venue of your choice.
Do you take walk-ins?
- Absolutely! It’s always best to call or text in advance, just in case I’m performing a wedding on location or have a scheduled photo shoot. However, walk-ins are always welcome.
How much do you charge?
- You can find our services and rates HERE.
Do you require pre-marital counseling?
- No. We do not require or offer counseling services.
What do we need to bring to the ceremony?
- We’ll need your valid WV or OH marriage license and a government-issued photo I.D. to verify your identity. Bring the self-addressed envelope that your county issued with your license, as well.
Do you work from a script?
- We have pre-written scripts that we use for our ceremonies; however, we also offer add-on options if you want a customized wedding ceremony.
May we personalize our ceremony?
- Absolutely! We offer personalized services as an add-on option.
We prefer a non-religious ceremony. Is that okay?
- Yes. This is your day. We want it to reflect your beliefs. Our basic service is non-denominational; however, we also perform religious wedding ceremonies.
May we involve children in our ceremony?
- Of course! We can customize your wedding to include your family members.
Will you attend the wedding rehearsal?
- Yes. We will attend your rehearsal for an additional fee. Click HERE for details.
Do you allow pictures during the ceremony?
- Deb owns a photography business, and she knows how important photos are to preserve your memories. You can bring your own photographer or choose photography as an add-on service. Your guests may take as many pictures as they’d like in our wedding chapel or on location. However, if you choose in-studio photos before or after the event, only cameras authorized by Deb Lorentz Photography studios are permitted.
What happens after the ceremony?
- After the ceremony, your officiant will sign and submit your marriage license to the county clerk in the county where your license was issued.
Will you take care of the name change?
- No. After the County Clerk records your marriage, you will receive an official marriage document in the mail. Name changes are not official until documented with The Social Security Administration. Click HERE for details.
How do we book an appointment?
You’ll talk to Deb when you schedule your appointment. There are three ways to contact her.
Facebook: MOV Wedding Officiants