Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about our services.
Are you licensed to officiate weddings?
- Yes. I am ordained through Universal Life Church and am licensed to officiate weddings in West Virginia by the WV Secretary of State as well as in Ohio by the Ohio Secretary of State.
Where do you perform weddings? In your office? On location? Are you willing to travel?
- Mid-Ohio Wedding Officiants offers a traveling wedding officiant service as well as a micro-wedding chapel that seats 35 guests. Mid-Ohio Valley Wedding Chapel is located on the second floor of The Dils Center at 521 Market Street, Parkersburg WV 26101.
- Take the elevator to the second floor. Turn right. Follow the purple signs to my studio. (Enter through the doors directly across the street from St. Francis Xavier Church. After 5:00 PM call or text me at 740-525-6974 so I can let you in the building.)
- WV weddings are performed in my office or in the Mid-Ohio Valley Wedding Chapel. I am also available to officiate your wedding at the location of your choice.
- OH weddings are officiated at the location of your choice.
Do you charge travel fees?
- I charge travel fees for weddings outside the immediate service area. The fees are listed HERE.
Do you officiate same-sex weddings?
- Absolutely! I believe in love, and love equals marriage equality for all.
Do you perform marriage vow reaffirmation (renewal of wedding vows) ceremonies?
- Yes. I love the idea of re-commitment ceremonies.
We were secretly married but still want a ceremony for our friends and family. Will you still perform the ceremony?
- Certainly! Your secret is safe with me. I’ll perform a beautiful ceremony so that others can witness your vows and commitment to each other.
We don’t want a big wedding. What are our options?
- It’s your day. We’ll work to make it special. You can get married at the chapel, at your home, or at a venue of your choice.
Do you take walk-ins?
- My weddings are by appointment only, but same-day weddings are usually possible.
Do you require pre-marital counseling?
- No. I do not require or offer counseling services.
What do we need to bring to the ceremony?
- I’ll need your valid WV or OH marriage license and a government-issued photo I.D. to verify your identity. Bring the self-addressed envelope that your county issued with your license, as well.
Do you work from a script?
- I have pre-written scripts that I often use; however, I also offer fully customized wedding ceremonies.
May we personalize our ceremony?
- Absolutely! I offer personalized services as an add-on option.
We prefer a non-religious ceremony. Is that okay?
- Yes. This is your day. I want it to reflect your beliefs. My basic service is non-denominational; however, I also perform religious wedding ceremonies.
May we involve children in our ceremony?
- Of course! I can customize your wedding to include your family members.
Will you attend the wedding rehearsal?
- Yes. I will attend your rehearsal for an additional fee. The rehearsal is included in the price of the Love Story Signature Ceremony. Click HERE for details.
Do you allow pictures during the ceremony?
- I also own a photography business, and I know how important photos are to preserve your memories. You can bring your own photographer or choose photography as an add-on service. Your guests may take as many pictures as they’d like in our wedding chapel or on location. I offer complimentary digital photos with select chapel weddings.
What happens after the ceremony?
- After the ceremony, I will sign and submit your marriage license to the county clerk in the county where your license was issued. In some circumstances, couples prefer to take their signed marriage license to the county clerk.
Will you take care of the name change?
- No. After the County Clerk records your marriage, you will receive an official marriage document in the mail. Name changes are not official until documented with The Social Security Administration. Click HERE for details.
How do we book an appointment?
Contact me to schedule your appointment. There are three ways to contact me.
Click HERE to contact me via email.
Facebook: MOV Wedding Officiants